Twin Coil operation questions and possible problems?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Just some quick questions regarding twin coil operation.  A fellow tesla
coiler I met with yesterday had a nice twin coil set-up at his house.  The
primary tank circuit fed the primary coil which was about 10-20 turns around
a small cylindrical water tank, and inside the tank was a secondary coil.
Each end of this secondary coil was wired directly to the base of each twin
coil.  All, of this was powered via a GE Potential Transformer (3.5kW)

We managed to get about 5 foot streamers (during daylight), but I noticed
that the streamers only seemed to propogate from one of the twin coils?  Is
this normal operation for this set-up, or should both coils start
propogating streamers outward towards each other???  Is is possible one of
the coils was severely out of tune in respect to the other??

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

The Captain