Re: one component closer to first light

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 11:17 AM 28/04/03 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Christopher \"CajunCoiler\" Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

 >As of this morning (04/28), I am now one component closer to first light...
 >I finally got the "terry filter"
 >
 >http://members.cox-dot-net/cajuncoiler/Images/filter0001.jpg
 >http://members.cox-dot-net/cajuncoiler/Images/filter0003.jpg
 >
 >You're not seeing things... those white blobs are actual
 >hot-glue.
 >
 >To top it all off, the whole thing, with the exception of
 >the power resistors, is covered with 7 shimmering coats
 >of polyurethane.
 >
 >Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux
 >http://www.cajuncoiler.tk

Hi Christopher, Coilers,

I hope you live in a dry area...that looks like a chunk of
plywood you've built your filter on.  I'd be quite worried
about carbon tracking as the wood wicks up moisture out of
the air.  If you dried it well, then coated it good with a
sealant like your poly, you might be OK.  Also, you didn't
say how thick the blobs of glue are, so they may provide a
bit of additional insulation from the wood.  You've done a
fine job otherwise.  Happy and safe coiling!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody has survived it yet!"

Listening: 7,055, 147.030+, and 442.075+
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle