RE: Marx Generator and coupled antennas

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Getting a bit offtopic . . . sorry . . .

Anyways, I'm still working on my marx generator, but wanted to see if anyone
had experience with actually coupling
an antenna to the output of the marx generator to create a nice focused EMP
pulse.  The most difficult part of it would
be to match the output impedance of the generator to a 50 ohm parabolic dish
etc...
We did once do some research work on emp pulse weapons where we actually
charged a 50 ohm cable up to about 40-100kVDC from the center and then
quickly discharged it.  This would effectively produce a powerful, very
short (<pico second) pulse
which already had an impedance of 50 ohms which could be easily coupled to
an antenna.  However, the marx generator
would be much more difficult i would imagine.

Any thought?

The Captain