Re: Kynar Wire Secondary

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

You should always put some type of coating over the magnet wire sec. winding
to protect from atmospheric moisture adhesion.  I recommend Dolph's AC-43
for excellent protection after winding.  Three to four thin coats works
best.

This applies to magnet wire type sec.     For PVC insulated wire use G.E.
clear Glyptal --- only 1 coating.  Multiple coatings unnecessary and may
produce yellowish color.

Bare coilforms of any type can be protected with 3 thin layers of G.E. red
Glyptal (elec. motor shops).  3 coats both inside and outside --- sanding
inside and outside lightly of course to remove any impurities prior to
winding.

Dielectric breakdown is only one factor.  HV HF tracking across insulating
surfaces must also be taken into account.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913