Re: SRSG questions

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Actually my 1725 (not 1750) to 1800 conversion worked
great, and my motor isn't a cap start motor. It has
tons of torque and works great with John Freau's phase
adjuster.

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/gap.htm

Adam

 > Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry
 > Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>
 >
 > At 16:10 22/04/03 -0600, you wrote:

<snip>

 > Some motors are more suited to sync conversion by
 > grinding the rotor than
 > others. The best kind of motor is a 4-pole
 > capacitor-run motor. You can
 > identify this kind because it has a motor run
 > capacitor bolted to the
 > outside and it runs about 1450rpm (50Hz) or 1750rpm
 > (60Hz) You grind 4
 > flats on the rotor and it should run synchronous at
 > 1500/1800 rpm. My cheap
 > $40 Chinese drill press has one of these, I would
 > have converted it long
 > ago, but I find the drill press too useful to do
 > without.

<snip>

 > Motors without a run
 > capacitor don't do too