Hull's Amazing Magnifier

Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

Coilers,

Has anyone (e.g. Antonio) done an analysis of Richard Hull's amazing
magnifier to discover why it performed so well?  I believe it was his model
11E that was a 3 inch coil only 12 inches long, with a huge toroid (looks
like it is about 4 feet in diameter).  Amazingly, it could produce ten foot
white hot streamers.  There is a picture of it at Richard's site showing it
in action, and showing the unusual mounting (suspended upsidedown from the
ceiling).  Richard obviously mastered the art of field control to preclude
arcs across the extra coil, and he used I think 8 KVA or so, but he must
have also done his homework with the primary and secondary.  Has anyone
duplicated his feat?
--Steve Y.