Neon sign Transformer Failure

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pomnept-at-aol-dot-com>

I recently built a Tesla Coil based on George Trinkhaus' model. It worked
well, so I determined to build a larger Tesla coil.  Using two 15,000V -at- 60ma
NSTs, I fired it up, but no sparks were emitted.  I next added more
capacitance but this time when I fired it up the spark gap did not fire and
one of the transformers is only producing half the voltage.  I am afraid that
I have burned this transformer out because I did not use proper protection.
Does anybody know of a way to repair NSTs?  Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert Hanford.