Re: drsstc - catastrophic failure!

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

I don't know what that "Hello everyone" paragraph means unless it's curse
words.  With "microsoft" in it, I guess it has to be...

So welcome to the club, Jimmy.  I just blew out half the IGBTs I'd
incorporated into my re-done s.s.t.c.  I'm within a whisker of giving up
on s.s. completely.  Primarily because it's impossible to get scope
probes near the circuits while the whole thing is running: can't
trouble-shoot it with the pedal to the metal.

Except for the mains-frequency high voltage, I'd be inclined to give in &
go for the tried-&-true; but I hate 60 Hz H.V.

Ken Herrick

<http://arxiv-dot-org/ftp/physics/papers/0008/0008125.pdf>http://arxiv-dot-org/ft