Re: Magnifier conversion

Hi All,

I just got the secondary for my magnifier conversion project done ;-)

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0417-01.jpg

It is 169.5 turns, 12.24 diameter, 12.05 inches long.  The inductance is
6.05mH.  Almost exactly what it was supposed to be :-))

This is cool!  I guy at work just happened to have a "brand new in the box"
3 gang Powerstat 146U-3 varaic in his shed.  240V 30A per.  A super heavy
duty unit with dual brushes and slip rings!  Bigger than any 30A variac I
have ever seen (or carried ;-)):

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0417-02.jpg

He had it for 10 years just sitting.  He didn't know how he was ever going
to get rid of the 110 pound beast :-D  I sure am going to be sore tomorrow
after hauling this beast home and down into the play room :-)))  Great of
the 240VAC OLTC testing and my friend's pole pig coil project!

Cheers,

	Terry