Re: HV MMCs was Re: Magnifier conversion

>If it is 3.5 inches in diameter, 19 inches long, 25 turns...  We can maybe
>guess at an inductance of 9.3uH (wheeler's).  that gives a resonance of
>4.5MHz.  I "should" be ok ;-)   A "counter winding" to cancel the
>inductance is a cool idea!  But should not be needed.  We'll see.  Be fun
>just to try if the voltage across it was not to great.?

If you've got all those caps arranged in rows, I'll bet you could come up
with a clever sequence to wire them in that effectively cancels the
inductance. Each cap is only 2kV or so..  Maybe something where instead of
wiring 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, you wire 1,3,2,4,.... with HV wire across the
center of the stack...

Say the caps are arranged like:

Say your caps are arranged in rows of 2 in two columns

First level gets wired:

1 2
4 3

Next level gets wired
8 7
5 6

This puts 8x voltage between caps 1 and 8, but probably ok (it's only 16kV
or so) from a breakdown standpoint

A more clever scheme might do better

1 3
4 2