Re: Magnifier conversion

Hi Boris,

At 10:53 AM 4/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Terry,
> >
> > I was thinking of making an add-on to convert my
> > small coil into a
> > magnifier system:
>---
>That's a very good news.
>---

Hopefully, then the conventional and magnifier systems could be directly
compared.

>---
>Many configurations are possible.
>---
> > I would just use my present secondary coil as a
> > tertiary coil now.
> >
> > L1 = 21.5uH
> > C1 = 23.8nF
> > L2 = 3.97mH
> > C2 = 12.3 pF
> > L3 = 22.1mH
> > C3 = 18.5pF
>

> > C2 will probably be a lot higher if I add a corona
> > ring and have the wire
> > connecting the secondary to the tertiary added in.
>---
>Ha,I suppose you followed recent maggy threads very
>closely,didn't ya.
>---

I don't know anything about magnifiers 0;-))  I read Antonio's papers but
did not quite get the math.  For the above I was just playing around to see
what could actually be built without regard to Antonio's modes.  This
morning I looked into how to use the modes as described in my other post
today.

Do you have any idea which modes would work best??

I was happy to see the models saying that streamer loading and other losses
should not hurt the modes much.  I was afraid the losses might mess the
modes all up, but that does not appear to be the case at all.  Looks like I
need to also make a C2 capacitor.  I am hoping the small coil's present
rotary sync gap will work.  Interesting that this will also be an LTR, sync
gap, MMC, optimal modes, NST magnifier system.  I am not sure they all have
been put into a real machine before?  I guess we could call it an LSGMOMNMS
:o)))

>Let's hear from others.Nice to see you got interested
>in 3-coil OLTC system personal project.
>You could first crank out your 2-coil system  to the
>maximum power imput at various BPS ,record arc
>lenghts,and then convert the system in 3-coil one.

Presently, I am not doing the OLTC but rather may small conventional coil
system.  The OLTC could probably really be helped too from this stuff but I
figure I had better try a simpler system first to figure out what I was doing.

>Performance comparations should come as the last step

The models really look good!!!  Hopefully it will perform very well!!

Cheers,

         Terry