Magnifier conversion

Hi All,

I was thinking of making an add-on to convert my small coil into a
magnifier system:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/SmallCoil.htm

Basically just a new primary and secondary coil like this:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Newcoil-Mag.jpg

Just a 16 inch diameter primary coil of 1/4 inch tubing.  10 turns at 5
inches long for a primary inductance up to about 50uH.

The secondary is 12 inches in diameter 15 inches long and is 150 turns of
number 20 wire. the inductance is 3.97mH and the primary to secondary
coupling can be adjusted from about 0.15 to 0.50 by raising or lowering the
secondary inside the primary.

I would just use my present secondary coil as a tertiary coil now.

L1 = 21.5uH
C1 = 23.8nF
L2 = 3.97mH
C2 = 12.3 pF
L3 = 22.1mH
C3 = 18.5pF

C2 will probably be a lot higher if I add a corona ring and have the wire
connecting the secondary to the tertiary added in.

The schematic is here:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Newcoil-Mag.gif

The MicroSim Model is here:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Newcoil-Mag.sch

If anyone sees and glaring problems or has other ideas, I would like to
here about them.

Cheers,

	Terry