Streamer Length and Power Input--What's the problem with my coil?

Original poster: "Zagarus Rashkae by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi All,

I have recently completed a small-medium size Tesla
coil that is currently arcing about 3-3.5 feet. Specs
and sparks can be seen here:
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/lulabs/Tesla.html
However, I believe that this is a very low effieciency
considering that the input is 2.5-3 kVA and that I
should be getting 4-5 foot sparks. This is not the
case. Can anybody take a guess as to what is causing
my dismal efficiency?

Regards,

Chris

_