Re: MOSFET arrays

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hello All,
  I have been out of touch for a while, but i wanted to be sure to pass
along what i think might be of great use for sstc's.
  I read about a new MOSFET in the march issue of "Electronic Products" (
electronicproducts-dot-com ) About a new, 500v, zero voltage switching
"fet". I know 500v is low and fet's can be had at much higher voltage
ratings, But i will quote the ad and let those "in-the-know" decide.
(since i'm new at this)

[direct quote]

  """Targeting zero-voltage switching (ZVS) power supplies, The 500-V
L-Series HEXFET power MOS-FETs claim to offer the idustry's best reverse
recovery time (Trr(max))-as low as 250ns,close to 70% reduction over
standard devices.
  The devices eliminate the need for series Schottky and antiparallel
high-V diodes, Thus reducing part count, Overall losses, And improving
power density.
  Additional features include a 70% in reverse recovery charge (Qrr) and
over a three times better dv/dt immunity compared with standard devices.
Rds(on) is as low as 0.125ohm.
  They come in super 247, TO-247 and TO-220 packages. (from $1.65
ea/10,000-stocked)

    International Rectifier
    El Segundo, CA
    (joe Engle    310-252-7059)
    jengle1-at-irf-dot-com
    http:// www..irf-dot-com

EEM FILE 3130    >#320 on EP's data identification card"""

  Well as i said, I'm just getting started here so If these aren't well
suted, pleas let me know why?
  Hope this helps someone, Or maybe myself in the long run (itchin to
try, Price is right)
Take care,
MEM
Geek #1055