Re: Polishing Lexan or Plexiglass

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:
 > FWIW)  I'm wondering if there is any way to polish the edges to
 > reduce/remove machining marks from the Lexan.  I have only attempted fire
 > polishing with a blow torch once, and the results were abysmal. :/
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Mark Broker

	Wet or dry carborundum paper (used wet) can do a reasonable job; work
through progressively finer grades to #600.  Give a nice clean slightly
frosted look, but I haven't had any luck using anything to get a better
polish.  Lucite or other acrylic polishes up beautifully, of course.

Ed