RE: Differences between "bad" streamers and "good" streamers

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

 > You must realize that spark gap tesla coil streamers are NOT bright,
 > I don't care how big and/or powerful your coil is. They are invisible
 > with normal sunlight, hard to see in normal tungsten lighting, and
 > only highly visible in the dark.

I did notice that when i did a demonstration with my 3.5kW coil a few weeks
ago.  We set-up when it was still
light outside and did some test runs.  And to my surprise, you couldn't see
any output streamers no matter how
hard you looked.  You could see a sort of "heated air" effect around the
discharge point which I'm not sure if it was caused by heat, or if i was
looking through the actual streamer, but that was it.

The Captain