Re: MOSFET Coil- Ready..Set...

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Tesla list wrote:
 > Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>
 > Hi All,
 >
 > I am finally getting serious about building a mosfet coil. I actually wound
 > the gate drive transformer so far!
 > I want to build the self resonant design of Justin and Arons that employs
 > the H bridge with the P460s. I usually get parts from a local supply house,
 > but lately they have made me wait months for parts that they don't have on
 > hand. I have been waiting since January for a soldering iron tip, and in
 > another instance they came up with a part that I put on order last year, and
 > I refused to buy it because I forgot what I wanted it for! Are there any
 > suppliers on the net that I can order the ICs from without having to contend
 > with bulk, and rediculous minimum orders?

www.freetradezone-dot-com

Register, use "Find" part, see list of suppliers. Or just do "Research"
and find manufacturers.

Most like Newark and Avnet-Marshal and Future Electronics etc still have a
minimum of 100pcs order, though... :( But you may find other suppliers
via freetradezone

If all fails, www.farnell-dot-com or www.rs-components-dot-com

(t.ex. farnell seems to have 1-9 TC4429 for 4.30eur per part,
which is expensive, and you have to order via your workplace, but still
it might be better than ordering 50. And they should deliver in 2-5 days)

 > I need the MAX913, HC74LS14, and the MAX4420 for the driver. I would like to
 > get maybe 10 of each component. I tried Digi Key, and they require an order
 > of 50 of each device, Mouser doesn't have 'em.

Alternatively you could just collect them from different semiconductor
manufacturers! The majority have a sample order service. That service
isn't available for nothing, is it? ;o) You'll get parts in 3..5 days.

www.maxim-ic-dot-com (MAX442x series)
www.onsemi-dot-com (MC1335?..sumthin driver chips)
www.microchip-dot-com (TC442x series)
www.ti-dot-com (older UC3710, newer UC27321/22, UC37321/22 very good drivers
9A and TC442x series equivalents)
www.ixys-dot-com (t.ex. request "prototyping samples")

those are the ones I remember right now, but there are of course some more
(try freetradezone)

If you need more parts, you can send new sample requests after a week or
so. Limits do vary - t.ex. max 8 parts per request, max 8 parts per week,
max 10 parts per month. But you should be able to collect most parts.

cheers,
  - jfw

--
  high voltage at http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla