Maxwell Capacitor - Air Bubble question . . .

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I bought a number of 37xxxx series capacitors from a local source and it
appears one of the capacitors has a slight
air bubble inside the capacitor. (You can hear the oil shift when you tilt
it etc...)  The capacitor does have a fill plug and I am guessing the plug
was either removed or leaked some air into the capacitor.

Will this small air bubble greatly affect the performance of this capacitor
(voltage rating?) or do you guys typically still run these things even if
small air bubbles form in the capacitors.

Re-filling with oil is not an easy process as they either use heated oil, or
"compress" the package when oil filling to create a negative or positive
pressure once the oil cools or case reverts to its original volume.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

The Captain