Re: Help with calculating secondary self resonant freq?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Hello, I was curious, I wound a medium size coil for experimenting and I
>was wondering if someone could help me calculate the frequency for the
>coil, the coil winding is 11.625 inches high 1662.375 turns of 34 gauge
>enamel wire and the diameter of the coil 2 3/8 wide on standard PVC, if
>anyone could give me just a estimate withouth having a topload I would
>greatly appreciate it and can verify my calculations.
>Mercurus

Mercurus,

Using 158.6 turns per inch for #34 wire (my chart) I get 1,788 total turns
and a self resonant frequency of 386 khz.  Adjusting turns per inch to
147.5 (between #33 & #34) I get 1,663 total turns and a self resonant
frequency of 415 khz.

Ed Sonderman