Re: MOT Power Supply Questions

Original poster: "Simonas by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rasim-at-takas.lt>

maybe I've not explained it clearly:
Two MOT's are in series on each phase, giving ~4kV AC per phase. After
rectifier, summing all three outputs and placing smoothing capacitor there
should be 4kV times sqrt(2) times sqrt (3) output.. which is about 10kV DC
Problem I encountered is when connecting MOTs in series one have carefully
phase both primaries and secondaries, in order to get double voltage and not
MOTs canceling each other out.. That I did, So now I have three pairs of
MOTs providing each ~4kV AC.
Question is, how to check relative phasing of them all before connecting
whole thing to 3 ph. ?? As I'm using unprotected connection to power company
(no brakers, no watt meter) I don't want to mess around with 3 phase and
incorectly connected 6 MOTs..  :):)
I measured current having them connected all to one phase, with pairs of
course not in star configuration, just left opened,  and it already draws
some 15A with voltage being 220V..

if anyone would help me find solution that would be great ;) My 10kVa (I
hope to squeeze 10kVA out of those 6 MOTs ;):))  model is just about to be
finished, lacking only rotary and charging reactor not completely wound..
BTW what spark lenght I could expect?
thanx for answers.. ;)

Simonas