Re: Tube regulator for removing ripple . . .

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>I'm currently building a 4kV DC supply for my VTTC which will be used for a
>high-quality plasma speaker.  The only problem is removing the ripple on
>the output of my full-wave rectifier to the point where the DC is very clean
>(<10V ripple)

         Such a regulator will 'eat' voltage and power.
         Max possible efficiency of the regulator is
         50%...

         (ponder how the regulator must do its work:
         'wasting' the excess voltage across the tube...)

         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...
         Vernor Vinge