Re: Electronics shielding

Original poster: "Richard W. by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <potluck-at-xmission-dot-com>

Hi all,
Those chips sound great and I suppose they may have inherent
anti-electrostatic architecture however it's OP-Amps I'll need to use,
mostly the LF347 and LM324. The supply pins will all have monolithic bypass
caps. I had totally forgotten about ground loops and thanks for jogging my
memory about that. Metal enclosures will be no problem. I've aquired several
stainless steel boxes about 4" x 6" x1 1/2" since the advice about using
metal enclosures and will shield the control enclosure as well. Thanks!!

What I have on the drawing board is electronic control of AC current in a
main control station that will be at least 20 to 25 feet from the coil
itself  After following the advice in previous posts that leaves the main
output cable, 30 feet 4/4, as my last concern that will provide up to 40
amps to a 10Kva pig further down the line. Electronics is one thing but
electrical is quite another and that's what I'm weak in. How can I protect
that cable? I'd hate to have to buy something with shielding like romex to
handle that much current.

Thanks again for the previous advice! <thumbs up>

Rick W.
Salt Lake