Re: small coil contest - rules?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> the transformer is set to 4020se franceformer with 5 shunts
(5top/5bottom).
> no overvoltage--115v in.

The above is the only requirement.  Make your spark gap anyway you like.
This is where design practices come in.
To state the rules again:

1.  A 4kV/20mA Model 4020SE Franceformer transformer is to be used with a
minimum 5 shunts (5top/5bottom)
using nominal line input voltage (115V - no overvoltage)
2.  The coil must be able to run for five minutes continuously with no
failures.

Although the Model 4020SE is preferred, sub-contests could use the 240
version of this transformer or other people could use
other 4kV/20mA type transformers.

I will post the official rules on my site shortly at:

www.spacecatlighting-dot-com

There will be two categories:

1.  Franceformer 4020SE category
2.  Generic 4kV/20mA transformer category.

Dan