Re: 40w globe lightbulb = safe plasma ball?

> I use a 40watt clear glass globe light bulb to aid in
> tuning and an interesting display.

> when it displays purple, I find this pleasing.  however,
> the bulb has started to emit a pale green tint (on its interior)

>as well.

> I'm guessing that lightbulbs typically are not a very low vacuum.

	Most are NOT vacuum at all, being backfilled with
	Argon, or whatever, to help keep the filament from
	evaporating itself onto the inside.

> Low enough that xrays or higher energy emissions would be possible.
	There is little higher than xrays (ok: hard gammas:

	also hard to make.

> I've heard some comments on some tesla pages that coils can
> generate such high energy particles.  under what conditions should
> i expect xrays or higher from a coil ?
	Almost always need hard vacuum for xray production.

	Might do some test runs with film, in light tight
	packet.  Hard to know how to calibrate results.

	(Tesla did some experiments with xray tubes...)

--
	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...