RE: Digital Camera recommendations for coil photos

Original poster: "Ken Stevens by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bluewaterdiver-at-earthlink-dot-net>

About seven months ago I got the bug (actually a trip to Germany) and
bought a Fuji Finepix 4900 Digital Camera.

I won't bore you with specs as they are easy to find, but at $459 (was
retailing for about $800) for a 4.3mpxl, 6x optical (35-210mm) 3x
digital zoom, I couldn't miss!! Coupled with a 128mb Smart Media, it an
unbeatable pair!

Here's a link to one for sale with all the info, I got mine on UBid
though.
	http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1383130089

I have never been happier with a camera and I've been 'snapping' since I
was a wee little boy!! This camera is as versatile a digital as I have
seen for such a good price.

I just recently picked up a 2x zoom and a .49 macro ($129 for both) and
am now having more fun than ever.

I can get up to 250 ~500k shots to a battery and up to 1300 ~70k shots
on a chip!!! Two batteries and a 128mb card lasted all day at
Disneyland. And it'll take mpeg movies also(no sound :o( though) (3
minute max, but as many as you can fit on your chip)

It has an awesome range of f stops (f2.8-11) and shutter speeds (3 sec.
to 1000) I can take pictures in near darkness. The one thing it does
lack is a manual shutter mode, but I haven't needed it yet. It also has
a manual focus for the times when the AF won't pick up (happens
occasionally). I bought a #1 UV/Tint filter for it, but its f range is
so good, I never use it!

One of the most useful features is a 5 frame burst mode. It'll take up
to 5 frames in 1 second. Useful for catching those hard to time shots,
like water spouts, kids jumping or even sparks leaping!

It has a eye view finder (useful in bright daylight) and a 2" LCD
together. Very convenient duo. The built in flash is small but works in
most every condition except distance, and it has a hot shoe for external
if you wanted!!

All in all I love it dearly. I haven't tried it on sparks, but I think
I'll hook up a ladder and see how it does.

I'm jaded by my liking my own camera, but I spent a lot of time
researching and think I came up with a winner. It lacks only movie
sound, and a manual mode for shutter. Overall a A grade.

Hope it helps..

Ken