Re: Transformerless Tesla coil

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

> would this circuit work any better as a "balun" to allow a
> centre-tapped HV transformer to be used to power either the
> Transformerless or Capacitive Transformer coils?
> Would it stop common-mode noise from damaging the transformer?

I'm sorry, but I don't understant what is the purpose of the
complicated network, and why would it eliminate RF signals
at the transformer terminals. Anyway, with two spark gaps
both terminals of the transformer will be grounded while the
gaps conduct. But how to guarantee that both will conduct?

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz