RE: Update: Hurray! 6 Pack MOT supply success

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I am confused on the issue of large C required for MOT supplies coils for
max discharge. Why is this not the case with PDT powered coils? 0.18 ufd, or
180 nfd is a very large cap for coil duty.

Those 3' power arcs are not a limitation of the system, of the minimal
vertical space.

I do not doubt your observations Tim, I just don't understand the physics.
Your MOT supplies do have shunts in, I assume? Are we talking about a supply
that has lower source impedance than the average PDT?
Dave H

Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dbarrett1-at-austin.rr-dot-com>

    I'm drooling in my keyboard... You are getting 12 to 15 foot power
arcs??? What are the specs on your secondary and topload?
-I'm very curious here-
db

> Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>