RE: Proximity of Components > Review Committee Approval? 60A Variac?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

To the dissapointment of some, I have aquired that
huge variac from the guy nextdoor. It turned out to be
a 240V 60A unit. I'm sorry he decided not to part with
all of them. Heck the knob alone is bigger than my
hand.

Now with a 50lb variac I need to redesign my control
cabinet.

sound right.  I have a powerstat 1256D variac
rated at 240V, 28A which weighs about 60 LBS.

I would think a 240V, 60A variac would weigh at least 100 LBS.

Dan