Re: Hurray! 6 Pack MOT supply success

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Subject: Hurray! 6 Pack MOT supply success

> Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

>  Now I understand why Ted doesnot drive all MOTs with a variac(s).
Greetings Dave
Some really interesting info and novel ideas in yuor work. Roasting MOTs for
oil penetration is different.

Top clarify re driving 1/2 the stack direct and the other with variac.

I can and often have run it all on the variac but as I'm getting it going
better and reaching more power my 15A variac is running out of steam to
drive the whole stack.
This split drive (off both mains breaker also) is a way to get more power
and I can have some control over the last 1/2 of the power I/P with the
variac. If I had a really BIG variac I'd probably use it (mains circuits
permitting for total power draw)
The recent posts by Daniel Barrett on MOT's are worth a very close
inspection IMHO. He is making a single MOT do things I can't believe
Best
Ted L in NZ