Re: Tesla's Revenge? For review & comment.

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Boy is this ever OT! But you asked for comments.

Even if this were to work, I suspect they would start
smuggling in raw materials and simply wire them up
shortly before use.

More below.

<snip>

> Thus version one. At every checkpoint in Israel,
> have people and
> vehicles pass between two walls of sandbags about 7
> feet high
> and 30 feet long. Put two waterproof tarps, on the
> bottom and along
> the top, forming a floor and roof. Midway, put an
> electrical coil ­ a
> single turn of 12 gauge wire ­ between the floor
> tarps (the bottom
> to keep the coil dry, the top so it can't be seen).
> Run another coil
> between the roof tarps directly above the bottom
> coil.
>
> Couple the coils to a radio transmitter adjusted
> with an antenna
> coupler. The coils must be in the same electrical
> plane ­ horizontal
> ­ as the bomb belt wrapped around the bomber
> standing vertically.
>
> A short distance from these two horizontal coils,
> run another coil as
> a continuous loop, under the bottom tarps, along one
> sandbag wall,
> between the roof tarps, and down the other sandbag
> wall. This coil
> is in a vertical electrical plane to detonate belts
> hidden in vehicles
> and lying flat.
>
> Both the amplitude and frequency of the radio energy
> going through
> the coils will need to be adjusted. One kilowatt of
> radio energy
> transmitting at 200 megahertz may likely prove
> sufficient to be
> picked up by the wires in a belt bomb worn by an
> individual only a
> few feet or so away.
>
> It may take two kilowatts, or it may take a higher
> Mhz. But once that
> is determined, any terrorist wearing a bomb belt
> walking past the
> coil loop will be blown apart ­ and since the
> sandbags contain the
> explosion, all by his lonesome.
>
> With vehicles, the metal will shield the RF
> frequency, but it will pass
> through windows closed or open. A car's trunk or
> ambulance's
> back hatch should be open while passing through.
> Higher
> amplitudes should be used, say around 5 kilowatts.

So now we (they) start broadcasting this? I don't know
anything about blasting, but as you describe it, they
will be broadcasting enough energy to make a wire of
the right size heat up enough to set off the blasting
cap. What does that do to pacemakers, hearing aids,
automobile computers, cell phones, laptop computers,
desktop computers, consumer electronics, etc., and
legitimate blasters?

> Version two is to sweep entire areas with RF energy,
> setting off
> any bombs or blasting caps in the area. This,
> however, requires far
> more power due to the famous inverse square law: The
> amount of
> RF energy required multiplies with the square of the
> distance.
>
> To set off a bomb belt a few feet away, such as at
> sandbagged
> checkpoints, requires only a few kilowatts (1-2 for
> individuals, up to
> 5 for vehicles). To set off a bomb 100 or 200 feet
> away (say, half a
> block) would require 50 to 100 kilowatts.

=== message truncated ===

=====
Adam Minchey
yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com