RE: Idea ???

Original poster: "Steve Mach by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gossamer-at-cox-dot-net>

Ok guys, here it is, the answer to our prayers.
On pg. 131 September 2002 issue of Electronics Products Mag.
Wayne Kerr Electronics
Model 6815
Impulse Winding Tester

"By applying up to 5 KV pulse and analyzing the decaying waveform detects :
Changes in material
Damaged windings
Electrical shorts
In stock
ONLY $6000.00

http://www.waynekerr-dot-com

I know I won't be going out to pick one up, but could this be simulated on a
spice program to get an idea of what parameters need to be measured ?

I haven't checked the link or started to research the theory on how this
thing does what it does.
(always been a cw and analog kind of person, pulse deficient so to speak)

And there's always Bert if I hit a dead end !

SM