Re: Is it possible for only one side of a NST to work?

Adam,

Yes.
Higher voltage NST's (generally 5kV to 15kV) usually have two
secondary coils and the centertap between the coils is grounded.
Because of this construction it is likely that one secondary coil will
fail before the other.  What you are seeing is a typical NST
failure.  It's possible to connect two NST's each with one side bad,
together to get the full voltage.  In other words use two 15/30's,
each with a bad side, to get 15/30 total.  This method can be
used in a pinch if you can't get replacement NST's.

John