Re: Pics

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Looking at your schematic, i think you might want to try reversing the
positions of your spark gap and capacitor.  The capacitor should be in
series with the NST while the spark gap should be in parallel.

Also, tabletop coils should inherently be small, right?  I would ditch the
potential transformer and ballast set-up and just buy a small franceformer
open frame transformer.  You can get a 4kV, 20mA new from any franceformer
distributor for about $20.00 and after removing half the shunts, you can get
about 38-40mA output current.   This would get rid of that bathroom sink
ballast you got.  By the way, do you use your bathroom as both a toilet and
an office (saw all those post it notes on the wall).  Plus, if you build
yours using this transformer (MODEL 4020SE), you can partcipate in the
tabletop coil challenge where the goal is to get the longest arc.  If your
interested, I could send you the rules for this contest.

Pictures of my tabletop coil can be seen at:

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/teslacoil4.htm

Dan