Re: Cleaned Up MOT Stack

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Tim,

> Very cool!

Thanks.

> Nice design!  With 8 MO caps..do you
> think you are cutting the
> power draw by 50%? Or more? Have you tried the PSU
> without MO caps on your
> 4" TC yet?

Yes and yes. With no ballast, the 240v/20A circuit
breaker tripped within seconds, but the performance of
the 4" coil was insane. The sparks weren't that much
longer (maybe 60" max) but they were thicker,
brighter, more numerous, and more frantic. I was
afraid it would set the ceiling of my garage on fire
from all the hits. To run the 4-pack unballasted, I'd
have to use my arc welder outlet with a 240v/50A dual
pole breaker.

> .....keep it up Greg! I'm impressed!
>
> PS: I'm starting a website soon with some buddies of
> mine, shortly. Hope to
> attract others to budget high power coiling!

I look forward to seeing your link.

> Tim,

Greg

=====