Re: Three thousand Five hundred pound coil.

Original poster: "D.Wightman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dwightman1-at-cox-dot-net>

> > What the devil is the pinkish-purple, diffused cotton candy glow in the
> > middle of the toroid?

That is an attempt to paint the pink builders foam siding from pink to
black, but we ran out of paint.

>   And while we're asking silly questions
> (yes, I'd like to know what the purple
> stuff is, too), what causes the "uneven"
> appearance of the secondary? It looks as
> if the tpi varies drastically along its
> length, and especially in image c2 we
> can see what seems to be a repeating
> pattern to the highlighting that makes
> me think different wire gauges were used
> along the length. Is that an artifact of
> whatever coating (varnish/whatever)
> process was used? Maybe drying times vs.
> temperature/humidity changes/phases of
> Jupiter's moons?

I went all over town and bought up all the #14 THHN Stranded wire that I
could find.
It seems that Homedepot only stocks 3 to 4 rolls at each store. So we went
all over town to all of the home depot stores and bought it all up.
Unfortunatly, the wire industry does not seem to have a consistent dye color
for  wire of this type. As you can see in the pictures it varies in color
significantly from lot to lot.

<http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/misc/clone/c1.jpg>http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/mi

<http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/misc/clone/c3.jpg>http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/mi