Street light ballasts

Original poster: "Nick Andrews by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nicothefabulous-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Has anyone investigated the possible use of old street light ballasts for
inductors and current limiting?  They also often seem to have capacitors
with them.  A electric utility yard I have "visited" a couple of times had
some, I've acquired a few of them, but haven't checked for toasted coils
yet.  And the cores might be OK for DIY work as well.

Nick A

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn-dot-com