RE: First light with new MMC PLEASE HELP!!

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I would advise against using stranded wire, as the AC resistance will be
much, much higher than a comparable solid conductor.  See my test results
at http://www.laushaus-dot-com/tesla/primary_resistance.htm.  If turn-turn
insulation is the issue, better to space-wind the lower portion, though
it's not clear that the lower portion sees a higher stress than the rest of
the secondary.

It also sounds like a shorted turn to me.  Was the coil form repaired from
an earlier short?  Is it possible that not all of the carbon track was removed?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

>Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>