Re: The Fester Addamms Trick . . .

Original poster: "John Williams by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwilliams-at-edm-dot-net>

Dan,
	A friend of mine had a lightbulb that would light in the mouth like
that.  It was a clunky thing with a AA battery inside and a button on the
screw base.  It was made of translucent polyethelene and obviously not a
real lightbulb.
	I can think of several ways of doing the trick for a cinematic effect.
If I were a betting sort I'd bet that the bulbs are actually the kind one
can buy
in a marine supply store.  They look like regular household lightbulbs but
they run on twelve volts.  The next thing is you make a battery supply out
of stacked and paralelled hearing aid or calculator batteries and fit it into
the actor's mouth.  A combination pressure switch/contactor would keep
"Fester" from taking a shock.  The rig only has to drive the bulb to
appropriate
brightness for a few very short takes.
	I have been on a movie set.  The wonderful magic that RF tesla
current does around computers and CRT monitors wouldn't be welcome,
particularly when one conciders that a good deal of the equipment is rented
and insured.   Also, the studio would strip its collective gears at the thought
of having "The Talent" in a wet bathtub with anything remotely like a
running tesla coil nearby.

	John