Re: 6 MOT primary Voltage

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: 6 MOT primary Voltage
>Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:47:28 -0600
>
>Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>
>
>Team
>Just tested a 6 MOT system with 300bps SRSG. Mots have total of 22mH
>primary
>ballasting
>
>The safety gap (across SRSG) set at 10mm fired furiously which suggests at
>least 30kV across it.
>This seems a lot given Vp ex MOT's is only 13kV or so, Has anybody
>experienced mains resonant rise in their MOT primaries and if so what was
>config and MMC size.
>Tnx
>Ted L in NZ

I've had similar experience. My coil config looks like this:

185 nF (currently) tank supply
11,200 RPM (8 point 6" dia) ARSG
6 pack MOT PSU (120:1) 14.4 kV -at- 9.2 kW output
8" dia PVC secondary w/ .5" CU tubing primary

safety gap constantly pops. output peak capacitor voltages are huge. This is
not uncommon.

Mains resonant rise....sort of... an extra ~3 volts per MOT when firing is a
little strange. I run 120 VAC input and then the voltages go up 122.5- 123.4
Volts across mains.

What are u getting for your spark length Ted L? any improvements?