Re: something becides Tungsten?

Hi Adam,

I, and most people, just use brass.  Look for cap nuts since they are easy to
replace.  However, I have never had to replace any.  Brass lasts fine for most
of us.  Real high power or very long running (pro) coils may need to go all out
but brass will do the trick for the rest of us.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/small_gap1.jpg

Cheers,

        Terry