polyethylene sheet used by builders.

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ellis_p-at-picknowl-dot-com.au>

Hi All,

I was at the hardware store last night looking for buckets for a
capacitor (yeah tom!) and I noticed some big roles of builders plastic.
The label said it was polyethylene.

The plastic comes in a variety of styles, black, orange and clear.

Would there be any reason not to use this for making a capacitor?  It
was about $5 per metre and was about 2 metres wide.

I am not sure how thick it is, but it feels thick and durable.  What is
the best thickness to use?

regards

Justin Wright