Are these capacitors suitable for PFC????

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

Hello fellow coilers,

    I stumbled onto literally a pile of ballast transformers today in the
heavy metal dumpster at the recycling center on my way to school.  There
were a total of 40.  Each of them had an 8uF 330VAC capacitor attached.  I
kept five of the transformers, figuring I could use the cores for something.
I grabbed up all the capacitors though.  They are made by GE, and are a
metal can type.  I almost thought they were microwave oven caps, because
that's what they look like.  Are these suitable for use as PFC?  I realize
wiring all 40 in parallel would be a real pain, but it is probably worth it
if they are suitable.

Cheers,

Andy C.
Internet Homepage: http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/