Re: spacewinding techniques..RE: Designing BIG Secondary Coil

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Colin: I have used thick vinal insulated # 24 wire and Weed-Wacker to space
the wire. By winding the wire with W-W line and keeping tension on the wire
the W-W will jump off the coil form when released as it tends to spring out
into a larger coil. Mono-filament line dosent jump free. A coat of wet
varnish will stick the wire and mono-fillament can be pealed free before the
varnish dries hard. I hope this helps.
  Robert  H