Re: Simplest TC of all?

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Joyon: Yes it is possible to design a tuned auto transformer Tesla coil. Is
it easy??? No. Is it safe ??? No. The primary problem with this design is
the fact that total primary power is part of the output so any current path
is combined power, not just secondary power. The second main problen is wire
size. Any over current discharge can burn out the total coil. Most TC coils
use copper strap, tubing, or heavy wire to tolerate the current surge. The
secondary is fine wire. Since the primary current and secondary current are
isolated the secondary dosent flash like a flash bulb in a cloud of smoke.
   Robert  H

> From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:50:12 -0600
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Simplest TC of all?
>
> Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"