RE: science project?

Original poster: "Hall, Dale by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dale.Hall-at-trw-dot-com>

Adam,

Try this
 (ambitious and interesting;
  challenge is to break it down to something simple you can handle)

"what is the effect of <high voltage discharge> on <early primal earth
atmospheric gases>"

 do some research to target primitive gases...... (N2 CO2 H20 NH4.....
 and to find ones which you think will be easiest (safest) to work with,
acquire and detect.
 There is research results already performed in this area.

If may be able to successfully solicit some industry support for analyzers
(or come up with ingenious simple but effective detector(s) for extra
credit potential)

this would be a terrific tie-in to chemistry and some real reportable &
valued research
on new compounds stimulated by such an energy source
 (and perhaps in the presence of the sun though maybe isolate that variable
i.e. use darkness)
 (faster discharge rates will increasingly provide multiple forms of peak
energy; UV & heat,
  lots to work with and interesting)
creating ingredients necessary to spawn early life.
 (just chem at first with future lead-in to future bio-chem....)

Good luck !
Dale, Ca. State Science Fair Judge since 1984
keep me posted (in what state are you?)
http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/Current/pictures/K_04.html
http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/Current/pictures/J_31.html
http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/Current/pictures/J_34.html