Re: Shrink wrapped secondaries

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Terry wrote:
> Is there a way I could run your Q program here?

Sure.  tcma is already installed on your Sun workstation, but I
just upgraded it to the latest version.

login as me or root and

$ cd /export/home/tcma
$ ./tcma -npeaks 6 < /floppy/noname/TEK00001.CSV

assuming the floppy is mounted.  TEK00000.CSV only seems to have
two worthwhile signal components, so use -npeaks 2 for that one.
TEK00001.CSV looks like a ping of your OLTC coil.  The version of
tcma I've just installed is setup for extracting modes accurately
from a secondary-only spectrum.  It struggles to discern the two
beating modes on a dual resonator.

The above command should do ok on a normal ping of your secondary.

You wrote:
> There was some foil covered plastic in one of the boxes too...

Ah!  That would explain the shift then.  Eddies in the foil will
steal some of the secondary inductance and the frequencies would be
higher than normal. Take away the foil and the frequencies drop.

--
Paul Nicholson