magnifier benefits & design

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I was playing with pspice while using data from "magsim" (a.c.m.q. is the
author) and managed by sheer luck to get the numbers close enough
to see a performance increase.

I placed a voltage marker at the tertiary output and also a voltage
differential marker between the output of the secondary and the output of
the tertiary.  The latter of the two to see how much the tertiary
was adding.

what i saw was promising, but I'm shooting in the dark here.  I understand
the basic theory, but practical application is another story.
I saw 180kv from a 15kv/60ma normal TC. (terry's design, thanks again.)
After adding the tertiary, and playing with components, i saw an output
of 237kv.  The difference between the secondary and tertiary coil was 80kv.

The magsim helped me get the right associations of coil parameters, but
I played with EVERYTHING to get those numbers. what stayed the same was the
15kv/60ma supply.  to achieve those numbers i changed c1 (im assuming this
means the tank cap on the nst side), c2, c3, l1, l2, l3
AND the pulse width of the srsg. sheer luck i achieved these numbers.

my point being that if i can blindly pick numbers and see a 20+% increase in
voltage output, what is the theoretical voltage increase from a magnifier?
35%? more?

Does anyone have any detailed pictures of a magnifier? or know a web site
that has a magnifier on it? I'm curious to see the physical
layout of the components, specifically where the tertiary is located with
respect to the secondary.

thanks for your time.
larry.
meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com