Re: Secondary form ideas

Original poster: "Dave Leddon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <leddon-at-attbi-dot-com>

I was in Tap Plastics yesterday to inquire about glue techniques for Lexan
and I mentioned the problem of locating affordable plastic cylinders in
large diameters.  The salesman, who seem to be very knowledgeable on the
topic of plastic fabrication, thought that it would be feasible to bend
acrylic into a cylinder around a form while applying heat from heat tape or
a heat gun and then weld the ends using standard Methylene Chloride cement.
 And then he demonstrated how one could simply bend polycarbonate sheet
without heat by grabbing a 1/8 inch sheet of the stuff and bending it into
a nice two-foot cylinder.  Weld the seam and glue in a couple of end plugs
and there you have it.

Dave