Re: Anyone ever successful with Ball Lightning generation here . . . .

Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

I agree with Terry.  A TC probably isn't the best way to go to produce ball
lightning.

A Marx impulse generator would be the logical approach.

A kids, we used to watch ball lightning form on a regular basis as a
thunderstorm approached under the "V" of a ground wire on a 600 ft. tall FM
transmitting tower in the Baraboo Bluffs.  It would grow in size and finally
break off and float around for 20-30 sec.  Some lasted as long as a minute.
Some would break off and actually come at us.  We ducked behind something
but as kids we thought it was great fun.  No one ever got burned or
anything.

There was always a huge pile of dry leaves sucked up near the base of the
tower after the ball lightning formed which leads me to believe it is a DC
or electrostatic effect.  The FM power was only 10 kw so that isn't very
much.

The grounding was changed after one ball came through a wall and nearly
almost hit the radio station's engineer.  They got sick of it terrorizing
their children as they lived in a small home in the transmitter shack under
the tower.  Rebonding the grounds changed something and no one has seen it
since.

Dr. Resonance