How big can i go??

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello,

Im looking to upgrade my 1800VA coil.  Im running 2 15/60s with a .0283uf
cap.  I have a static RQ gap that overheats.  I ordered another set of caps,
so i can double that value to .0566uf.  I am also looking into making Gary
Lau's sucker gap.  Im wondering if i can use this large cap with out a SRSG,
but a sucker instead.  I see that Gary uses a 2X resonant cap(.02uf) with
the single 15/60 and gets near the output of my coil with 2X the transformer
power( i get about 63", he gets 58").  Tell me what you think!!  thanks,

Steve Ward.